Compound Exercises are exercises that move multiple joints. By moving more joints more muscles groups are targeted, maximizing your workout and burning more calories -burning more fat, building more strength & muscle. Compound Exercises are also referred to as Functional Exercises or Total Body Exercises.
- more calories burned during exercise.
- simulates daily movements/activities (i.e picking up your child and throwing them up in the air 🙂 )
- allows you to get a full body workout faster.
- improves coordination, brain-muscle communication, and balance.
- improves joint stability and improves muscle balance across joints
- keeps your heart rate up and provides cardio benefits.
My Top Compound Exercises:
Squats with Bicep Curl– Works your glutes, quads, hamstrings,calves , biceps all at once.
Push Ups with Toe Touch– Work your chest, shoulders, triceps, back,abs, and hip flexors.
Lunges with Shoulder Press– Works quads, hamstrings, glutes, calves, chest, shoulders, triceps, and biceps.
Deadlift with Row– Works your adductors, hamstrings, quads, lower back, glutes, biceps, and lats.
When you’re in a rush or want to get the most efficient workout, do compounds!