Since I’m low in glycogen (muscle sugar for energy) I need to eat right after so my muscle doesn’t dwindle away. A shake absorbs more quickly in your bloodstream to be used up as fuel AND I have busy mornings so this works.
- Chia Seeds: Since this is my Breakfast I wanna feel full, these are great to add because they contain healthy omega-3 fatty acids, carbohydrates, protein, fiber, antioxidants, and calcium. They’re unprocessed, a whole-grain food and are easily absorbed by the body (unlike flaxseeds). One ounce ( 2 tbs) contains 139 calories, 4 grams of protein, 9 grams fat, 12 grams carbohydrates and 11 grams of fiber, plus vitamins and minerals. I added 1 tbs and drank my shake with a straw because they sink to the bottom!
- Unsalted PB: YUM YUM YUM, no salt, no sugar, protein, and YUM.
- Recovery EAS Supplement: Has 2:1 carbs to protein ratio and 17g of sugar to feed your bloodstream. This is a post workout drink, if I didn’t workout I would have my regular protein powder ( here are some ideas for Post Workout Snacks). I haven’t really looked into recovery supplements, I need to look into it. I was at Target with kids who run in other aisles (yes I’m that lady) who touch everything so I just grabbed this because it’s what they had. It seems ok, but I haven’t compared it to much so stay tuned… My regular protein powder has nada artificial, nothing fake.. this I know has too many ingredients in the list – but whatever!
- Unsweetened Almond Milk: Has zero sugar. I use half water and half Almond Milk, I just do this so it’s not so watery. 🙂
- Cinnamon: Considered a super spice because it aids in metabolism, reduces inflammation, has antioxidant effects, and fights bacteria… 1/2-1 tsp recommended daily. I add it in protein pancakes, all shakes, sliced banana slices with PB (post workout), cottage cheese etc.
My shake was close to 400 calories, which is fine. I need these calories to fuel the furnace so that I can melt butter all day long! BAM!